Are you an experienced digital producer tired of your talents going to waste on soul-sucking commercial content? Do you lay awake at night riddled with climate anxiety and wish there was something you could do?
Climate Ad Project is looking to hire our first full time staff member. The role would be a combination of a digital media producer — coordinating production of ads, news and educational videos, and helping us launch a regular online show around climate — along with some (basic) organizational admin tasks. Bear in mind, you’d be the first employee so there’s a lot of flexibility and adaptability to the role as we scale up. We need someone who can help us create content that drives the necessary climate action we need to spur momentum and avoid the worst outcomes of global warming. The successful candidate will work with our growing team of volunteer writers/production teams, as well as sourcing and supervising paid production resources and freelancers.
This job is fully remote.
- Prepares budgets and oversees expenditure of productions; verifying that production work has been completed within the proposed budget.
- Organizes workflow to streamline video productions and ensure their harmonized look and feel in the highest professional standards.
- Draft or edit scripts for short explainer videos, sketches, etc.
- Provide edit feedback for explainer videos, documentaries, sketches, etc.
- Pitch to and coordinate with media outlets and publishing platforms to extend the reach of Climate Ad Project’s multimedia content.
- Assist with contracting, budgeting and expense tracking.
- Optimize video and photo content for social platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Collaborate with Digital and program staff to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of our advocacy, programmatic and legislative work.
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Center principles of equity, inclusion, and belonging in all work, embedding the values in program development, policy application, and organizational practices and processes.
- Commitment to the mission of Climate Ad Project.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
To be a Digital Producer at Climate Ad Project you will likely have:
- A passionate commitment to addressing the climate crisis.
- At least three years of experience in one or more areas of video production, journalism, animation production, and motion graphics.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- A strong desire to experiment with video storytelling formats.
- A knack for finding interesting angles into stories around climate change.
- A desire to tell stories from around the world with a global audience in mind.
- An understanding of current trends on YouTube, whether they are topics, formats, or visual styles.
- A second language or experience with international reporting is a major plus.
Climate Ad Project is a 501C3 dedicated to using media making to help shift the world into climate emergency mode. We do that by supporting and lifting up the most effective parts of the global climate movement with media support, and by creating original content to shift culture.
As a global non-profit, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Climate Ad Project can be found on climateadproject.org